Are you leaving your main residence? You must give notice to your landlord. Give notice by registered letter or by bailiff or by hand delivery against a receipt.
Before handing over the keys to the landlord (or to the agency representing him), take part in the inventoryof fixtures at the end of the rental period.
You rent furnished accommodation
You must give one month's notice.
However, if the accommodation is occupied by another tenant before the end of the notice period, you will only pay the rent and charges until the date on which the new tenant enters.
You rent unfurnished accommodation
In principle, you must give three months' notice. However, if the apartment is occupied by another tenant before the end of the notice period, you will only pay the rent and utilities until the new tenant moves in.
Your notice period is reduced to one month in the following cases, if you can justify it
- - in the tense zones defined by decree,
- - when you get your first job,
- - a transfer,
- - a loss of employment,
- - a new job following a job loss,
- - if your state of health, as certified by a medical certificate, justifies a change of residence,
- - if you are receiving the RSA or the disabled adult allowance,
- - if you have been the victim of violence within a couple or against a child, as evidenced by a protection order, or if you have been prosecuted or convicted,
- - if you have been allocated a public housing unit.
To benefit from a reduced notice period, you must specify the reason and justify it when you send the notice letter. Otherwise, the notice period applicable to the notice is three months.